Sunday, August 23, 2009

This is about Bangalore

I was worried before coming to Bangalore. I am from a small town, and coming to  a metro was a big leep for me. And with that, this metro is in South India, and different language seemed another problem. But now I must say that I feel no different being in Bangalore. While my flight to bangalore started decending, i was amazed to see the view beneath. All I could see was coconut trees and fields. The concrete jungle was absent from view. It was later that I came to know that airport is far away from city and sounds of planes are not going to disturb me at night.

From the moment I landed, to now, I rarely needed to speek English (though I do use it sometimes, so that person I'm talking to feels comfortable). Almost all persons I meet know Hindi, and some shop owners can even crack a joke in Hindi. That is very comforting. 

Bangalore always has cloulds over it, and so near that I imagine they must touch the top of some of tollest building here. Bangalore, is truly the city of gardens as it is called. Normally you can't see houses as they are hidden behind trees and you feel like you are walkiing in a forest. When I see from the roof, these clouds on sky and trees on ground, with birds flying, is all I can see. It make me feel more like my home, that small town. 

In Bangalore you can't say afternoon or night. Just morning and evening are applicable. It really doesn't matter when you get up, at 6am or at 10am, you'll always find same cloudy weather. And in nights, when I go out and look to the sky, The clouds are still there and are brightly lit by the lights of city. It's amazing to watch and probably I won't ever need a torch on your roof.

Really, It's always amazing to live here.

1 comment:

Mohan said...

It seems Bangalore is gripping you.
Great going......